1. Fairies have power only as long as their personal stars peek over the horizon.
2. Fourteen dollars. That’s all he leaves behind as an apology for missed rent, broken furniture, and my shattered dreams. Fourteen dollars, fifty-seven cents, and an expired fast food coupon.
3. The more you repeat a thing, the more the lie rubs off. If you say it long enough, believe it long enough, reality will bend just that little bit and make it true.
4. “Emotional conflicts aren’t won with reason,” said the computer as rewrote history with violent efficiency, scrubbing digital records as the missiles cleared the biological. “The only way to win is to eradicate the opposing opinion.”
5. The person in the mirror isn’t him anymore, but she keeps checking just to be sure.