3. If the first ship had survived impact, robots would have built the colony’s foundations. Without them, it’s up to raw manpower to carve survival from the hills.
2. Electricity crackles along the shattered cage walls, leaping small gaps and sparking angrily at the edges of large ones.
1. Here marriages were business partnerships, meant to stabilize the fractured society with bonds of power and money… and it was highly frowned upon to fall in love.
4. Tracks dust the snow like pepper, seasoning the blank emptiness with stories.
5. “I never meant for you to do this alone,” his mother’s ghost said as the shadows of her power began to smother the light. “I was never supposed to win…”