1. “There’s a coffee shop on the corner,” she offered vaguely, just in case he said no, but his smile lit up the dusk in answer.
2. Songs are a way to tie us to each other and our ancestors, each repeated chorus reinforcing the bonds between what we were, what we are, and what we yet will be.
3. Most magic users on Earth can work around cold iron, but it’s a skill rarely taught to the spaceborn. There’s just not enough of it to worry about.
4. Auntie’s garden is full of prayers, tiny invisible flowers that glow in the moonlight.
5. The asteroid cluster is a wide swath of angry red warnings, deepening to purple impending collisions as the barrage forces them back into the rocks.