1. Rain falls almost like mist, tiny gentle droplets that collect slowly on broad waxy leaves. It’s a far cry from the driving hail-laced storms of home and his heart aches at the loss.
2. “Take it or leave it, but I’m not raising my offer,” the merchant shrugged. “You’re lucky ta get an offer at all.”
3. The last thing she ever tastes is burnt black coffee.
4. The scout ship drops communication drones behind it as it travels, building a network of breadcrumbs that sing out the status of the world around them.
3. Fire gouted from the windows as the glass shattered and the house belched thick deep purple smoke. Whatever the alchemist had tried to summon this time, his luck had apparently run out.