1. Offworld zoos are full of false animals, hollowed out hides filled with a rough mechanical mimicry of life.
2. Magic seeps out of the sandstone in a faint mist, pooling in his palm for a moment before dissipating into the muggy summer night.
3. I’ve finally found my Neverland and I’m never going home.
4. “Even if you wanted to, you couldn’t hurt me.” The demon stepped carefully out of the circle, eyes hellfire-bright and curious. “But you don’t want to, do you.”
5. She daisy-chains Ubers from one end of the city to the other, like a skipping stone over troubled waters, trying to lose him in the waves.