1. The crowd stops cheering in a ragged wave as those closest to the summoning circles fall prey to the paralyzing cold. The silence is followed a heartbeat later with screams as icy voidhounds pour out into the stands.
2. Beyond the massive wooden doors lies the apprenticeship he’s always dreamed of.
3. “You can’t be allergic to dragons,” he pointed out, handing her a tissue. “Maybe it rolled in something?”
4. Space is vast, but not infinite. Still, there’s plenty of room to avoid other civilizations– which seems to be safer for everyone involved.
5. Atropos took a job as an actuary on a whim, bemused by the idea that humans thought math could predict the future. But over the decades her dalliance became an infatuation, as she discovered just how far the equations could go.