1. “You’re too powerful,” the navy recruiter said, brisk and dismissive. “We can’t have elemental users who can draw from anything larger than a golf ball, otherwise we risk you pulling the ship apart in panic.”
2. Surgical finesse is gone, the ghosts of scientific artistry infest decaying libraries and little else. Only brute medicine remains.
3. He wants desperately to save her from herself, to peel back the blinders that tell her he’s someone worth saving, but then he’ll be alone.
4. Most of the planet is covered in thick underbrush protected by thorns and stinging sap.
5. Somewhere out here are answers. If we’re willing to pay the price.