This is the first update of 2020… which I mean to post last month. I had this whole weekly schedule laid out and everything. 🤦♀️
Anywho. I made a lot of plans in December and early January on all the Awesome Things I was going to accomplish this year. Now that it’s February, I’ve trimmed those plans back down to something relatively sane.
January’s Goals (and results)
Even though I didn’t get quite as much done as YesterdaySelf thought I could, I did get quite a bit finished last month. I’ve trimmed the list down to match so that it doesn’t look quite so dire.
- Post the weekly Saturday Story Prompts (4) – Done!
- Create a 31 Days of free ebook for the mailing list – Done! (Death)
These are the only two things must get done each month and the only things I am committing to for the rest of the year. All the rest of my goals have been downgraded to ‘Nice-to-do’s’ and I refuse to stress over them.
- Work on updating all 41 of the January SSP posts in the archive – Completely done!
- Start on the rewrite of Too Old for Neverland – Started!
- Participate in the #vss365 daily prompts – Done!
- Participate in #WriteAndWine on Fridays – Done!
- Participate in the Under the Willow discussions – Sorta, ish!
- Start a new Instagram for writing – Done! (martha.bechtel.writing)
- Start a new Facebook for writing – Done! (martha.bechtel.writing)
I’m stretching a little bit for this month, mostly on the social side of things. I’ve been turtle’ing a lot this winter and I’m trying to shake the habit.
- Post the weekly Saturday Story Prompts (5)
- Create a 31 Days of free ebook for the mailing list
- Work on updating all 44 of the February SSP posts in the archive
- Continue the rewrite of Too Old for Neverland
- Participate in the #vss365 daily prompts
- Participate in #WriteAndWine on Fridays
- Participate in the Under the Willow discussions
- Work on social media sharing for writing
- Post a writing desk update at least twice
If all goes well, for March I’ll be able to add Scribophile back into the mix and start getting (and giving) beta-reader feedback on things…