1. She makes a living stealing other people’s nightmares.
2. “Hey, hey– driver picks the music,” he objected and swapped the station back to classical country against the objections of everyone else in the rental car.
3. The water froths and churns in bitter greens as the ocean floods into the swamps. Storm-tossed fish flail madly to return to the sea as predators settle in for a feast.
4. When darkness falls, axes become the civilian weaponry of choice. They’re simple to make and simple to wield, requiring little skill, yet brutally effective.
5. Magic hates vacuum for no reason the mages or scientists can suss out. It works -and works well!- inside the thin metal and ceramic hulls, but fizzles into nothingness the moment they transition into space.