1. There are secret handshakes among strangers that smooth the way out of the city and rhythmic knocks on hidden doors in a tiny chapel that lead them to a room their great aunt has woven thick with spells of concealment. With luck, it should be enough to keep them safe from the hunters until the blood moon is over.
2. The King’s army rests at the crest of the hill where the town can see them, their campfires and forges belch smoke that turns the sunset red as blood.
3. “This entire conversation is going to be nothing but ‘I knew you would say that’s and I’m just not willing to play along.” He gave the self-proclaimed prophetess a withering look as he collapsed the probability trees around them. “You may play at reading people’s destinies, but I don’t read the future, I make it.”
4. Kindness is another form of currency and he barters with a deft skill that most mortals lack.
5. Broad strokes of color sweep across the alien as it tentatively reaches out of the water to touch their boat. They answer back as best they can, using display screens meant to mimic simple symbols.