1. There are only so many laws of physics the universe allows you to break before it starts getting grumpy. So we’ve reluctantly given up on interstellar teleportation and embraced sublight drives instead.
2. “If I had a name, then I have forgotten it.” She said with some annoyance. “It’s hardly an important thing if I have not wanted for one until now.”
3. After the apocalypse being waylaid by bandits is suddenly a thing again, but he can’t quite take them seriously with all the top hats.
4. Five gates bar their passage into the holy city, one for each of the virtues. No one is sure if the ancient magics still function, but if so only the worthy can pass through the arches and survive.
5. He knows he shouldn’t be jealous, he’s never told her how he felt, but the fleeting glimpse of what seems to be a date is enough to instantly sour his mood.