1. The werewolf next door is quiet most of the month, but the whole apartment complex loses sleep when the moon is full. We finally took up a collection and got him a vacation subscription to buy some sanity.
2. As soon as they realize the danger they throw the ship into a hard turn and rise, engines and heaters blasting at full power as they try and shift the airship away.
3. “Someday you need to pick a fight with something smaller than a house,” he laughed as she finished hacking off the monster’s head. “How are we even going to get that home?”
4. The drought has sucked the life from the land leaving only a few sparse tufts of green. Short grasses infest the hills, brittle-brown and rife with thorns.
5. Every time she steps into a replicating teleporter the copy of her that steps out on the far side is linked in a shared hivemind. The first time it happened she let them convince her she was crazy. The second, she knew to be quiet.