1. The truck is a rolling pile of junk, built from scavenged parts and MacGyvered solutions, but it runs.
2. “Space whales aren’t real though, it’s impossible!” She dared between the radiation slats, trying to catch a glimpse through the tiny windows. “They can’t survive out there, nothing can.”
“Well… they don’t seem to agree?”
3. I used to make monsters from river rocks before I realized they didn’t always fall apart when I was done.
4. Humans weren’t meant for aerial battles –everything moved too fast and in too many dimensions– so they were little more than glorified cannons, strapped tight and firing blindly on the wyvern’s commands.
5. He always got her flowers on her birthday, daisies and daffodils, carnations and sunflowers, baby’s breath and aster, but never, ever, roses.