1. The trick to getting inanimate objects to answer you is to be very very patient. But I’m out of time and the dresser is too heavy to take with me.
2. “I just want to exchange it for the blue one! I have the receipt and I never opened the box, I don’t see what the problem is.”
3. The ships are designed to confirm planetary conditions before waking the colonists, just in case the worst has happened during the decades of travel and the planet’s no longer habitable. Or in the case of AU-342: ‘missing’.
4. The last memory I have of her is a silhouette on fire.
5. Magic grudgingly leaches out of the castle walls to pool at his feet. He’s no blood relation, but the laws of hospitality he’s invoked are too powerful to resist.