1. Humans adapt to weightlessness with biology and engineering, reshaping themselves to match the void as fast as science will allow.
2. Below them, winter has laid claim to the woods, snow and ice blanketing the summer foliage. There’s a hush in the forest, thick as the unbroken snow, darkly cold and smothering. As they slowly make their way down into the valley every movement echoes in a way that makes her heart race.
3. “You can’t mend that with magic,” she snatched the part from his hands with a frown. “This engine is tech primary, you magic this up and the ship will short out the moment they jump to warp. You don’t make enough to pay that mistake off for years. Didn’t you learn anything in that backwater gravity well of a planet?”
4. The ghost is nothing more than a memory, but it dogs his steps, forcing him to relieve its death until he gives in and agrees to help.
5. The battlefields run with blood and oil and nothing grows in their footsteps for generations.