1. Brother Michael is deft with embroidery magics, nimbly stitching prayers into the scarf that will keep them safe from frostbite and sneaking in a charm or two against the winter Fae.
2. They’ve replaced her piece by piece over the decades… and now an automaton holds the throne.
3. The cities have grown up and out like mold, covering the land in layers of raised walkways and towers until you can barely see the sky. They’ve created a world of shadows, forgetting what thrives within them.
4. He catches the fireball in one hand, spinning it in a vortex of air until she can leach the magic into her own counterspells.
5. Short-hop spaceship crews are more entertainers than engineers. It’s rare to face anything more complicated than grumpy passengers –and there are a lot of those– but it still earns her flight time and that’s all that matters.