1. “I thought I told you never to call the Wild Hunt while we’re on a ship!” his mother chided as they tried to shoo horses and dogs back into Sídhe. Ship Security stood helplessly behind them in the hallway, their weapons useless against the Fae.
2. The edges of the forest are crammed with new growth and are nearly impassable, but once they fight through the underbrush and thorns, the forest thins with every step. Here the ground is littered inches deep with old leaves and mosses and the smell of stifled time.
3. Her date is easy to spot on the dance floor. His worn blue jeans and button-down shirt are wildly at odds with the crowd, but his movements aren’t and he’s as happily lost in her music as the rest of them.
4. Gasoline spoils, tires rot, weather stripping burns away– cars are luxuries that no one can afford, so they strip what they can use and leave the shells to rust.
5. There’s a small soapstone sculpture of a bird on the shelf, bespelled to catch the eye of thieves and those that would do her harm.
Leave a Reply