1. “I think you might have missed the part where I said ‘restraining order.’” she snapped, backing away. The locket should keep her safe, it still had nine charges left after her earlier test. “I am not your destiny, or your fate, or your anything. I can’t tell you your future or keep you from harm. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time once.”
2. There’s something in the jungle that’s a perfect mimic and for a terrifying few days they listen to themselves call out for help.
3. The manor is landscaped with the finest off-world flora, carefully cultivated to survive in Earth’s environment. The thick bushes lining the crushed gravel path are fern-like and massive. The oldest growth is a deep Prussian blue that fades out to bright carmine tips.
4. Each gear is measured and carefully carved by hand from wood, then molded and cast in metal. It’s a long, steep learning curve, but slowly they learn how to recreate his masterwork.
5. The wind dies abruptly as his feet, pooling in angry dust devils as the magic turns them away.