1. Mechanical wristwatches are rare enough before the apocalypse… afterwards, with the watchmakers gone, they slowly degrade into legend.
2. Cities rebuild like the tide, ebbing and rising in a cyclical heartbeat where nothing changes and everything changes. The view out her window is always, never the same and it makes her miss home with a bone-deep ache.
3. “There are roughly four people born every second,” he said, unconvinced.
“There’s more than one of me at times,” Clotho said with a chuckle. “One for every person born, to be exact. There are benefits to godhood now and then.”
4. Salt oozes from the cracks between the scales, crusting and crumbling to dust as the sea dragon rises along the cliffs to meet them.
5. Love is a funny thing, makes you do all sorts of ridiculous things… like battling demons and saving the world. Of course, they were her demons and it was her evil plan, but I’m sure she’ll forgive me.