1. ‘Do you miss your planet?’ is what everyone asks when they find out he’s not
2. The house had been no more empty before he came than it was after he left, but he’d left behind a hollow echo where he should have been.
3. When she was younger and didn’t know what magic was, she called fire elementals ‘lightning bugs’ and kept them in jars on her windowsill.
4. Pressed flowers litter the pages of the library, hidden among cookbooks and romance novels, tucked into the indexes of hefty tomes on accounting and war.
5. “So you spin Destiny right?” She watched as Clotho spun the small fluffy mound of nothing into a shimmering thread. “So are there destiny sheep somewhere or…?”