1. “We’re honest space pirates.” She sniffed, offended. “Do you really think we’d just leave you here to die?” Behind her, the pirate nanobots strip his ship of everything not necessary for survival.
2. The sandwiches are good but overpriced, and they spend their lunch break mocking the city and its riches in caustic comradery.
3. Winter refuses to give up its conquered territory so easily and every inch of shade is still infested with the jagged echos of the ice storm.
4. The dusty gray sands are teeming with life and the constant tiny movements make the dunes dance in the corners of his eye.
5. Blue sticks infest the pyre and pin down burial wraps soaked in pitch. Five for each cardinal direction, six for each deadly sin… It’s overkill, but they still don’t know what kind of demon he is -or was- and they won’t take the risk of using yellow.
Leave a Reply