1. There’s no direct correlation she can find, but every time something goes wrong the rust-brown tabby cat’s not far behind.
2. Faint glow from the caravan’s camp fires dances along the cliff face. There’s only one road down into the canyon wide enough for wagons, so there’s no point in trying to hide their position.
3. “I’m only an abstraction, like Death and Love,” said Clotho, looking away into the night sky. “I’m no more real than any other nightmare.”
4. Dolphins pilot most of the deep space ships these days, but it’s still crows and magpies who drive intrasystem travel. Save for the one macaw, I don’t think I’ve ever ridden a short-hop shuttle without a corvid at the helm.
5. Spattered dyes mar the walls of the workshop, a rainbow of history hundreds of years old.