1. Immortality meant we’d finally reach the stars.
2. “Under no circumstances are you to move from that spot.” He fixed the children with what he hoped was a terrifyingly stern glare.
3. The trips to the seaside are the only relief from the dark compacted spaces of the city. There she can revel in blue skies, sandy beaches, and the less overwhelming throngs of visitors who shared the escape. Although she doubts any of them brought test tubes and wire to go with tea and sandwiches.
4. Everything they do is balanced on the edge of statistical probability, one unlucky break and everything they’ve worked so hard for will crumble into dust.
5. Like sharks behind ships the birds follow the caravan in lazy loops, reveling in the sunlight. Buzzards and crows feast on the scraps and offal, songbirds take treats and shiny baubles to line their nests, and ravens linger at the edges of
Leave a Reply