1. Warm summer rains drum along the wagons’ canvas tops. The monsoons are a dull background roar that permeates every moment until she’s ready to rip off the fabric and just deal with being wet.
2. “Some of us didn’t choose to be here,” the p
3. Death has never been a person, it has always been a cat: impartial, unswerving, but prone to bribery.
4. The stations along the route are all older and meant for ships several generations out of date. The current station’s upgraded the airlocks as best they could, but the crew still has to suit up to cross over.
5. The one bright side to working through the night is the rare clear air of the mornings.