1. Autumn scorches the edges of the forest leaving burnt oranges and reds in its wake.
2. “It can’t cross running water, but there’s a sand spit a half-day south that’s dry at low tide,” he looked across the bridge at the creature yowling in rage. “I know the horses are tired, but the road’s solid to the next town and we can finally get ahead of it. So it’s kill the horses or kill us.”
She nodded reluctantly and they turned to gallop on.
3. They’re out at the very edges of known space, where the improbable and the impossible swap sides with every heartbeat.
4. There are no plants here so everything but the tiniest of organisms is a carnivore. Thankfully the plankton
5. Some mornings he can’t bear to get out of bed, the heavy weight of the day compresses him into the mattress until he can barely breathe.
Leave a Reply