1. This is the last time anyone will lock the city gates and listening to the final grind of dying clockwork sounds like the end of the world.
2. The cookpot has seen better days, there’s almost more patchwork than pot, but it doesn’t leak enough to abandon… yet.
3. She went into the project expecting miracles. She’d worked with this engineering team before, but she hadn’t expected the level of reuse they’ve managed to coax out of the hull. Every part of the ship from the ceramic heat shields on
4. “I wanted for this to be a happy day,” he said with tired frustration as they finished cleaning up the mess. “You’ve earned one.”
5. The horses notice the change in the fog first and the carriage lurches to a halt as the smell of coal smoke and sewage is overwhelmed with oranges and cardamom.