1. The closer you get to abandoned planets the more debris you run into. Even after a century, the satellites putter along in their orbits, keeping watch over the empty worlds.
2. He never meant to light the fire, but they’d underestimated the magic’s hunger for a spark.
3. “I didn’t offer you a choice because it never was a choice,” the goose said with annoyance. “Tell me now, honestly if you can manage, that you would have chosen to let her die.”
The fox bristled its tail and flattened its ears, but couldn’t give voice to the lie.
4. She has no tolerance for the false mediums and paranormal parlor games that pass for entertainment. If the dead could truly speak to the living, he would have talked to her by now.
5. There’s no money left for proper offerings to all the weather gods and they’re forced to choose a path that avoids those they cannot pacify.
Leave a Reply