1. He looked at them for a long moment, taking in the pot-metal swords and threadbare homespun cloth armor, considering his choices. Then he sighed and passed back their coins.”Have you ever considered not adventuring?”
2. The aliens never lied and expected the same of everyone else, but the less ethical traders quickly learned it wasn’t because they didn’t understand the concept.
3. Because of chemical quirks
4. It’s just a crush and he knows it, but that doesn’t stop him from enjoying the feeling. It’s been a long time since he’s felt anything at all.
5. She doesn’t bother to correct him. Any simpleton knows spirits are no more real than sewer pigs and it’s clear to her someone and not something has been robbing the graves.