1. No matter where they go, it always feels like it’s just about to rain.
2. “The law requires that I mention this is your last chance to say no,” offered the computer as the delicate silver threads wound their way into his brain. “But we both know it’s already too late.”
3. Fairies hide among Grandmother’s china and rearrange the silver spoons when they think we aren’t looking.
4. Reading is the tool that unlocks the deeper mysteries of the world and it gnaws at her that it’s something she has to beg for. Aptitude, not class or gender, should be the gatekeeper to the universe and she swears once she’s mastered the skill to teach every ‘unworthy’ genius she can find.
5. The stables are full of tired horses who’ve lost all interest in humans. Their lives are a constant cycle of work-sleep-work and even the friendliest new recruit falls prey to the bone-deep weariness after a few weeks.