1. “I ran out of patience for your bullshit years ago,” he snapped. “Take your excuses and your snake oil and go.”
2. We live on the very edges of town, out where it’s more farms than houses. Dad grumbles about the commute, but my aunt is allergic to magic and can’t stand to be any closer to the city.
3. Unlike airplanes and their minutia, the rules for packing for spaceships boil down to: don’t.
4. The road runs through a dying forest and they drive in silence, watching an unending parade of leaves brittle and browning as the Last Summer turns them to dust.
5. It’s a petty trick, but she’s found scientific correspondence easier when she pretends to be her brother. It’s the knowledge and not the accolades she’s after and she knows the chances he’ll ever figure out her ruse are tiny, unless academia is more fond of gambling and alehouses than is expected.
Leave a Reply