1. Art in space is depressingly virtual and the walls of the ship have nothing but soulless ones and zeros hanging prettily in the void. She knows it’s too dangerous to play with things that can clog the filtration systems, but her fingers long for the feel of clays and paint.
2. “I dunno, I mean the prophecy made being subjugated sound more… dramatic?” The princess complained to her handmaid as the king read over the scrolls, carefully signing and initialling while the Dark Lord’s lawyers droned on.
3. The cold slowly drifts down through the protective layers, stealing away their warmth with gentle caresses of winter.
4. Murder rates took a significant nosedive after they finally worked out the spells to process crime scenes and interrogate the dead. It also made detective work incredibly boring, but society didn’t seem to care.
5. It’s easy to lose track of time in The Dark. Down here where the currents are still and the sun is a distant memory… the world slows to the pulse of a heartbeat.