1. Some families pass down heirlooms of jewelry, artwork, or furniture– mine passes down a giant tortoise named Shelly.
2. “What were you thinking?!” She waved a handful of papers at the training pens, where Tai’s secret attempts at breeding ‘friendly’ riding dragons dozed in the sun. “No one wants to ride into battle on a pastel ball of fluff!”
The dragon in question grumbled and rolled over to face the other direction, accidentally crushing the water trough and three iron railings in the process.
3. The sky turns blue every morning, just before the aliens attack.
4. Fog rolls down the hills, pooling in the groves of hemlocks and dancing along the rough gash of the latest rockslide.
5. Death holds an endless fascination for the immortal upper classes that she can’t quite wrap her head around. It’s the living world that holds her attention; life is so complex and yet so simple, run by laws more complex than any spun by mathematician. Death is a single empty value, she’ll spend her time chasing infinity instead.
Leave a Reply