1. The problem with aliens was they didn’t stay alien for very long. Once the newness wore off, they were just as boring as other humans. We’d follow the celebrities, sure, but everyday aliens? Those poor sods get treated just like humans– which in New York consisted of ‘blatantly ignoring their existence.’
2. “You can’t unsummon me that easily,” she laughed and the shadows flickered in her wake. “Did you read the books your uncle left you? Or were the warnings just kindling to your fire?”
3. The running trail winds through forests older than the city, thick oaks and pines that sing his soul to peace.
4. When the world was young. four stones of power controlled the four evils: volcanoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, and floods, keeping humanity safe from the planet’s wrath. But the world is no longer young and only shards of those stones remain.
5. They came for a war and left with ‘I Love Betelgeuse’ t-shirts instead.