1. The wind turns the desert into a rolling wall of dust and stinging sand.
2. Ship’s AI is one of the best, the old man would settle for nothing less. Her brain works on a thousand projects at once, leaving little for us to do.
3. Fish make for annoying magical familiars. There’s no easy way to prepare people for flying, talking goldfish, no matter how harmless they appear.
4. “Life is shorter than it ought to be,” she said, trying the last of the burial knots, “but that’s no excuse for neglecting the dead.”
5. Escape from the city is a fading hope– there are always bills to pay, debts and obligations forged by society tie them in place stronger than any chains.
Leave a Reply