1. Smoke curls off the forge in lazy tendrils, the rising heat’s caught in the muggy weight of the afternoon and dragged back down around our boots.
2. “This is the last of the salt, make it count.”
3. For a moment the rain washes away the grime of the world, turning her commute into an impressionist painting that dances with colors she’d forgotten how to see.
4. Firehawks are raucous things and the aviary echos with the roar of a dozen infernos when it comes time for dinner.
5. While he was lost they learned how to clone people and a dozen Jennifers waited for him when he got home, each a decade younger than the last. His own Jennifer was long dead, but the others remembered him.
Leave a Reply