1. The better she gets at journaling the more she realized her dreams aren’t meant to be recorded.
2. Soft blankets creep up over his shoulder as he settles into bed, tucking him into the house’s embrace. Featherlight but warm, they leach off the last of the mission’s bitter cold and welcome him home.
3. The cars swerve abruptly, scattering around them as the network of traffic computers respond to the crash.
4. “Did anyone else just see that?” Her brain was still insisting she’d just had one drink too many when the second tree vanished and the screaming started.
5. Music dances along the hallways between the practice rooms, a joyful cacophony of craft that’s muted only slightly by the aging soundproofing.