1. Everything is blackened, charred, but through the wreckage, spring is slowing greening the world again.
2. “I’ll kill you!” But he couldn’t bring himself to pull the trigger.
“You’re welcome to try.” Lachesis kept weaving. “But there’s no thread of mine to cut and nothing mortal can harm this loom. I came to earth because I like the view, not for some false prophecy dreamt up by your masters.”
3. This is only the middle of my story, we’ve got miles to go and monsters to meet… and somewhere at the end of all this, there’s a happy ending. There has to be.
4. Spiderweb burns run down the side of the building where the lightning struck and danced along the metalwork.
5. There’s no paperwork in space, a habit built on old superstitions about graphite and firmly woven into the bedrock of the new society.