1. Old promises breed new lies and she’s forced back into patterns she swore she’d never walk again.
2. Nine cats sun themselves on my porch; one emissary from each of the eight holy clans sprawl in expanding circles of indifference around my familiar.
3. “I’d rather live with the regret,” he said, and pulled the trigger.
4. Finding worlds to colonize is a completely automated process. Thousands of unmanned drones are out there right now, searching outwards in an ever-widening sphere for new places to call home
5. The room is flush with sunlight, dappled with dancing shadows by the forest outside the bay windows.