1. Morning crept across the parking lot, setting the night on fire.
2. We never quite worked out teleporters, but we did work out long distance cloning. Finding out there are other Me’s walking around hundreds of light-years away –including the original– isn’t as disturbing as I thought it would be.
3. “Stop pretending this isn’t exactly what you wanted.” She shoved the papers back across the desk.
4. Midday naps are mandatory this far into the crystal deserts. It’s too hot to step foot outside and the shade tents are too small to get any real work done.
5. Unfurling from the mast as soon as the ties are undone, the new flag catches the winds with a crack. Royal blues and gold dance on a field of white as they turn back into the fight.