1. Only faint echoes of the roads remain, traced out across the old-growth forests in fast-growing pines and poplars.
2. The bells chime four times, once for each quarter, in a cacophony of devotion.
3. “Have you ever thought about why magic doesn’t work for everyone?” She chucked a stone into the pond. “Not just the Twelve Questions, I mean really thought about it.”
4. It’s not as simple as just getting into orbit, heck any farmboy with enough spare parts could pull that off.
5. My dreams have all turned into nightmares when I wasn’t looking.