1. The beach is made of crushed shells, not sand, a million tiny remnants of life ground down by time and the ocean.
2. “Light rarely makes it down this far,” she admonished as he hastily dimmed his flashlight. “As emissaries, you need… practice.”
3. Space battles are fought by computers, the strikes and counter-strikes moving too fast for human reflexes to keep pace. Once the alarm sounds there’s nothing they can do but huddle in the reinforced bunks and hope the ship survives.
4. Cats come in plaid here, because of course they do. He watches checkerboard tabbies and polka dots toms sun themselves on the porch while paisley kittens play in the yard.
5. Her chains are fine silver lace, inlaid with the strongest curses father could craft.
Leave a Reply