1. They swaddled the bottle in torn silks and bloodied cotton, remnants of safety stolen from the dead.
2. “Disconnection is not advised,” chimed the door locks as they overrode the safety mechanisms.
3. Worms as thick as his thumb climbed the fence posts as the morning fog rolled in, staying just high enough above the toxic mists to survive without catching the crows’ attention.
4. The office swarmed with positive quotes and inspiring views through false windows, but no matter how cheerful the setting they still had to spend eight hours a day calling desperate people and telling them ‘no’.
5. Beads roll off the desk in a cascade of color and noise followed a heartbeat later by a pack of kittens with more pounce than sense.