1. Quests are for stories and daydreams, jobs are for the waking world. There’s a wide gulf between slaying dragons and exterminating them.
2. “Unless you have a spare car battery in your pocket, we’re stuck. Just accept it and move on.”
3. If anyone noticed his tears, they were kind enough to overlook his grief.
4. The giant ships float aimlessly in space, false worlds that fulfill their purpose with mere existence instead of movement.
5. You never know what you’ll find the first day on a job, but I was praying my luck held out a little longer.
Leave a Reply