1. Every year they killed the last of the dragons and every year the ocean birthed new ones.
2. She feels like she’s always packing up her life to move somewhere. An endless cycle of purging-packing-nesting that makes the concept of home seem distant and dreamlike.
3. The long-distance ships are massive things, cobwebbed with transport systems. It would take days to walk from the bow to the stern, so even the failover systems have backups.
4. “Have you heard about the fire?”
5. The first day of summer vacation is always overwhelming– There’s no school to eat up his days and he can do anything. So much to do! So much to accomplish! …So he goes back to bed instead.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. You can use these writing prompts verbatim or modified, just don’t resell them as prompts. (That’s my shtick!)
Looking for eBook collections? Check me out Amazon where you can read them all for free(ish) on Kindle Unlimited!