Live From the Workbench!

Learning new tricks!


I’ve made a good deal of progress on the G4 Stock Horse custom and I’m just tickled pink on the way it’s turning out. She’s got a new pose, three new hooves (the fourth is still being resculpted), new ears and a new nose… it’s a total makeover! ๐Ÿ˜€

Well, total-ish. ๐Ÿ˜‰

It wasn’t the best of weeks, I hurt my back on Thursday and was pretty much out of commission until Monday, but I was still able to get a good chunk of work done. The nice thing about sanding and sculpting is they can be done in small spurts– good for backs who object to sitting still.

What a mess!

I know she’s far from perfect, but she is so darned close to what I was trying for that it’s made me positively giddy. I’ve held off trying to resculpt stablemates before because I figured the learning curve was going to be way too steep.

But this body box trade has done wonders for my confidence! I wouldn’t have even dared work on the body beyond positioning without having first done the Paso Fino and the Thoroughbred (who are still in Painting Limbo). Now I was brave enough to say ‘omg that needs changing’ and then do it.

I should have her sculpting done in the next day or so (if luck holds) and then I can start painting. In the downtime I’ve been working on a few other small projects, like the TOOB ponies and putting initials and numbering on all the magnets.

Onwards! ๐Ÿ˜€

Leave a Reply