1. South is the desert and a lonely death.
2. The paintings surrounding the throne were done in black and white, a massive square of intricate details that entrapped the eye and clouded the mind.
3. “It’s the only thing my mother left me,” she said as she carefully unwrapped the necklace from its fabric mummification.
4. Under the gaze of the full moon the clearing took on an unearthly glow, lichen and river stones dancing with fairy lights.
5. There’s food and water, but the stray cat ignores both to curl up on his lap, purring loud enough to echo in his bones.