1. Last night I put my heart into a devotional balloon and gave it away to the Gods for safekeeping.
2. Elephants have spent long decades learning how to survive in a world of men, so it shouldn’t have been so startling that they acted as our ambassadors to the aliens.
3. Thin, malnourished trees line the driveway. Their leaves yellowing and curled in pain against the harsh summer sun.
4. “People are as cruel as society lets them be. It wasn’t his fault he grew into this monster, it was our fault for not training him not to.” He deftly mummified the body in burlap. “I can’t help all the kids, but I can sure as hell clean up the mess.”
5. Zesting oranges turns out to be much harder than Grandmother made it look.