1. His fame is a fleeting blast of public outcry and lawsuits, sharp enough to wound, but not kill.
2. Places are set around the long table in a ceremony that lasts hours. Each place setting has a specific purification and consecration ritual that must be perfect for the process to continue.
3. “Just because you want it to be true isn’t enough.” The owl made short work of the mouse and then cleaned its beak. “Magic isn’t the sort of thing that listens to want.”
4. Seashells litter the beach after the storm and it’s all she can do not to spend the morning throwing them back into the waves.
5. Most of space is empty, but that’s a hard concept to grasp until you’re actually out in the void. He revels in the short breaks between jump points and the chance to feel incredibly tiny as he stands in the holographic map.
Leave a Reply