1. I dream of the old house whenever it rains.
2. “If you win every time, then it’s not a very good game.” Grandfather shuffled the cards and redealt. “Everyone needs to learn how to lose.”
3. His ship is old, but well maintained and the cosmetic damage is as much camouflage as laziness.
4. She knew him from another life, violent and brief, where he’d been the one good thing between birth and death, and for a moment the memories overwhelmed her.
5. The sea is crystal clear and this far from shore the