1. It wasn’t until centuries later, when science had once again risen from the ashes, that they were able to analyze the statue properly… and determine it really was cursed.
2. Dark brown horses flow down the hill like birds.
3. “You can’t help thinking of what could have been.” He said, not looking up from his work. “It’s not a failure of character, it’s life.”
4. Sparks pop from the campfire as the pine sap burns and they spend a few frantic minutes clearing things from their path.
5. The dogs bring the night with them and it laps at the edges of the camp, dimming the torchlights.